Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Odd Friends, Tag: Nelanie/Winston
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 01:52 AM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT
Member Inventory: View
Awards: N/A

Nelanie finally got some time to settle into Crow Station and time to finally unpack her things. She slowly took out her clothes, then her few games for her 3DS placing them in order based on game’s history, most played and title. Smiling at her little collection making a note for herself to get a new computer and try to find an open wi-fi network if there was one up. Finally she took out her 3DS the few times she got to charge on the trip made it so that she had enough juice to play a game before having to charge it. She was about to open it when she notice the green light on it for spot passes.

“Oh My MEOW. Someone else, it got to someone in toy… but I haven’t really met anyone but that cute handsome guy. Nor have I really passed by anyone.” Opening it and checking her Mii Plaza she noticed the single Mii. Not even bothering to pay attention to who they said it was. She was just happy and excited to find out who was the other person. Quicking giving her DS a full charge she change into some clothes and decided to hit the town to find the person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took her a few days, but she finally found the person she had StreetPass, well she hadn't seen them in person yet. She had gotten two cellphones provided that without the network to really text she had to find they little meeting spot to exchange phones on a daily basis. She will leave her phone and pick up her new friend’s and then head back into town. It was how they communicated. As of the time she had yet to tell anyone about the person not sure how to bring it up that they was someone living the woods who she hasn;t met but know them for a while now because of the before the world ending.

Picking up her phone she did a simple message of hello before jumping into the message for the day.

‘You know, we have been messaging each other for a few days now. I still never got my Pokemon battle and this is hell because without the internet I can’t battle you. We need to meet somewhere to have this battle. Neko <3 ^^’

Ending the message with her heart and kitty face. She grabbed her jacket and set out into the woods to exchange the phones.
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Aug 7 2015, 11:46 AM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

Ah, a green light. Winston was far less surprised by it than the girl he did not yet know about, and, in fact, he wasn’t particularly interested in it at all.

After all, he had several 3dses and 3ds XLs, and their new editions as well. If he’d gotten a streetpass, it only meant that he’d forgotten to turn off one of his 3dses before turning on another.

Well, that was no good. He’d kill the batteries, so he fished out all of his systems, looking for the offending system – but none of them were on. Maybe he’d streetpassed one and then it’d run out of batteries? That’d be a problem.

After some contemplation, Winston realized the easiest way to resolve the issue was to just check his 3ds and see which of his many systems had triggered it. He flipped open the Pikachu screen to find –

Oh, actually… this wasn’t one of his 3dses at all.

---

Whoever this mysterious nekohime was, they were pretty persistent. They even fished out a pair of phones for them to communicate with, so that they could engage in a rudimentary form of texting.

To be honest, Winston wasn’t too fond of the idea. For one thing, phones were pretty inefficient for this. Perhaps not as inefficient as 3DSes, but couldn’t she have rustled up some walkie talkies or something?

On the other hand this meant that he only had to say something once every day at most, and he could at least attempt to choose times when the other person wasn’t around. It felt impersonal, and there was little he was as accustomed to as impersonal communication after years of replying to youtube comments.

Today’s message was about pokemon, or more specifically, about the prospect of them actually meeting.

Well, he didn’t know about that. He had no idea who this person was. He had no evidence they were trustworthy. Actually, it seemed more likely that they weren’t, considering what he assumed to be the state of the world. Surely with all the death and stuff out there, all of the decent folks were gone?

But he wasn’t going to say that outright. ’I don’t know~ (=^-ω-^=) I haven’t seen anynyan for a while, so I don’t know who’s out there. A little kitten has to be careful, meow.’

And that was another day.
---
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Aug 10 2015, 10:33 PM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

Checking the time she saw that it was about seven post meridiem (7 p.m) grabbing her jacket and a flashlight since it was spring time. It was different than Edmonton in the spring the sunset a little later than she was used to, but it started to set around that time every day.

Last minute Nelly grabbed her 3DS and headed out the door. Looking around making sure no one had followed her. As much as she loved the safety of the town it did make her miss her time sitting in her room gaming. Yelling at people over a headset and simply checking the forums to see what was happening in some games and find new trading partners in Pokemon. As a breeder that was most favorite things to do.

She had thought about getting walkie talkies but finding a pair that wasn’t in use by people already wasn’t easy. Plus it would be hard to explain that she is talking to someone that she has never met before only passed them and didn’t notice. Sighing, she looked at the power lines and wondered for a moment if the cell towers were still and maybe find a way to get the cell phones working so that they could really text.

After all cell phone companies give you a number, and if you don’t pay the bill they cut off your phone but the cell towers and everything else is still work. Shaking the thought for her head for another time when she had a computer in front of her.

Walking to short distance to the location, finding the phone in the same place that she had left it. Picking it up she quickly opened it. Reading the message she laughed reading the ending of it. Taking a seat at the base of the tree, she pulled out her phone with the message she had written earlier.

You know, the town isn’t so bad. I do miss the internet and being able to play games more freely than having to live off a single charge for a long time. I do miss the time where I ran my gaming company, it is funny how it started out. Mostly with me not wanting to leave the house and wanting to play games-nya. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif =^.^=

Thinking for a moment how to reply to his message, a thought popped into her head about how on the forums they would do actions.

*pets* KAWAII NEKO ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅnya~ン❣

Yes, it isn’t safe for chibi nekos but even chibi nekos even to interact with they other neko friends-nya.

Placing the phone down with the new message she looked around wondering if maybe the person was around. Seeing no one she hurried back into the town knowing that it is best not to stay in the woods late into the night.

Finally back it back to town and settling into her tempory home, she looked out the window dying having missed a laptop. Sighing she rolled around in her bed, snuggling the blanket closer. letting sleep settles in as she thought about her new friend and what the message tomorrow was going to be.
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 08:03 PM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

Despite Nelanie’s attempts, she would never meet up with Winston just by waiting around a bit. She actually spoke and interacted with other people, which forced her to operate on at least a vaguely normal human schedule. Winston, who never spoke to anyone and rarely even left his room, could operate on whatever schedule he wanted to, which is to say that he usually ended up leaving his messages at the brink of dawn before going to bed.

Today was no different. He turned the girl’s phone over in his hand, backed by the rising sun. He hadn’t spoken face-to-face with someone in – years, probably. And even his online interactions had stopped months ago, so just this strange form of texting was a little nerve-wracking.

Unlike Nelanie, who wrote some of her messages beforehand, Winston left all his thinking to when he saw what she had to say. Today, it was more about the town. She was really pushing him to go, wasn’t she?

Not that he was sure she was a girl at all, but – well, that was a small detail anyways.

If it isn’t too far, I guess I could visit. But all my stuff is at home! ฅ(*˃ᆺ˂)ฅ They wouldn’t need me to stay or anything, right?

He left a little *mewls* in reply to her petting, then debated how he would respond to her next comment.

If it’s just you, I guess I wouldn’t mind meeting up, nya. Two days from now just before sunset would work. But it has to be just you! I won’t come out if you bring scary friends ~(=^┬ ┬^) That work?

And with that he set down his phone and headed for home.
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 11:52 PM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

Waking up the next day she headed out to do what little work she could do, it wasn’t much since she didn’t have a computer to use and be more productive. Mostly she just helped take care of the animals, she had thought about taking in a kitten but it was still a hard decision since she didn’t have a proper home.

During the day, she wrote up a few messages for her kitty friend. It might have seen weird, but some of the people in town had gotten used to her walking around with a phone texting. She thinks they think that it is a withdrawal for her since she was used to having tech in her hands at all time not that she was using it to talk to a friend she met over a StreetPass.

Finding sometime in the afternoon to slip away, she headed out to the exchanging spot. Taking a seat by the tree she took out the phone. Reading the message she laughed, remembering that she had the same way when her friends told her about coming to Crow Station, that they had to trick her saying they were going to a gaming convention and people wanted to meet the young gamer who turn her love into a company.

Oooo, plz come visit. It is so lonely here ( ˃̣̣̥ω˂̣̣̥ ) sure I talk to people, but no one really understands me. I think you are the closest person I have to a friend. Reminds me of the good old time before the internet went down. I miss all my online friends I wonder how they are doing now (,,•́ω ก̀,,)

She had to do a double take of the second part of his message, she assumed that he was male because Four-Chan said that no girls were on the internet. It was a long running joke and since then everyone just thinks that every person they are talking to are males.

OMG, I finally get to meet you like for real mews. ~(=^・・^)_旦~ (゚o゚http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif Now we can share a cup of tea. Play games and talk text to text.

Looking at the sky she wondered if maybe he was nearby, waiting a few more minutes, knowing that she stayed too long people would start coming to find her. Seeing no one, she quickly finished up her reply.

HAI! That is perfect-nya.

Putting his phone down she picked up hers and ran back to town not wanting anyone to come and ruin the first true friendship that she had in a long time. She made a note to check back before she heads to bed to see if he picked up the phone and replied.
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 05:59 PM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

The closest thing I have to a friend.” That was some dangerous stuff, wasn’t it? That was the sort of thing people wrote when they wanted to lure someone into trusting them, right? He’d played enough games with obvious dramatic twists at the end to see where this was going.

But he really did miss being online, and if nothing else this was someone who understood that. Well, if they wanted to shoot him and steal his computers, that was something he’d have to deal with later.

He’d made his decision, anyways. If it looked like things were getting dangerous, he’d just leave before he was noticed.

In the end, all he left for nekohime was “Okay, just come here tomorrow. You might have to wait a bit. =^・ω・^=” Then he headed back home to pack.
---

Winston set out the next evening with a full backpack. He’d brought not only his Pikachu 3DS, but a laptop and a large portable charger. Sticking out of the side pocket, there was a big old wrench for both technological emergencies and the type of emergency where someone was trying to kill him or something.

Just in case.

He settled by, but not in, the clearing where they usually exchanged their phones, and struggled his way into a tree so he had a better vantage point. Hey, climbing is hard, especially when you spend most of your time inside.

Well, he was pretty well hidden. Now it was just time to see who his mysterious friend was.
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 07:44 PM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

Heading out exchange the message, the town folk has gotten used to her leaving and don’t question her too much. She believed that they thought she was crazy and her heading out into the woods was a way to cope with something or find her friends who left her behind not that she cared too much. Reaching the meeting spot she picked up and the phone and squealed with the delight of finally having that Pokemon battle that had been promised. She didn’t even care that she was meeting the person just that she was going to be having the Pokemon battle. Leaving a quick message that said okay, she ran back into town.

The rest of the day she carried her 3DS around with her happy that she would finally get that battle.

------------------------------------------------------

Getting dress quickly, she ran out the door, with the second phone, her bag and her 3DS. She didn’t care if it looked like she was running away she just wanted to have this battle.

Slowing once she was outside the gates, she walked towards the spot they normal exchange phones. Seeing no one she took a seat, letting her fingers go over the phone as she waited for the person to show up. Taking a deep breath, she took off her bag and took out her 3DS wondering if they were close by but seeing no green light she sighed.

Flipping it open she loaded up her copy of Pokemon and started to play, just waiting for the person to show up.
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Aug 16 2015, 06:55 PM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

…Ah, there she was. His cat princess. It looked like she was a girl after all, and a smallish one too.

To be honest, it was kind of odd to see another human after all this time. He’d kind of forgotten that they weren’t 2-D, or pixelated, or with perfect skin and blue hair. He wasn’t trying to be racist or anything, but because of the types of games he played and the sort of communities he hung out with, it was especially odd to see the particular human he was looking at was brown.

It didn’t bother him, though. Seeing her turn on her 3DS, he did the same up from his tree. Was that one of the ORAS games she was playing down there? It was hard to tell from this distance.

And then the green light. He considered calling out to her, but then paused, wondering if she would notice him up here.
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 10:36 AM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

She was chaining her Eevee’s in the hope of getting a shiny one when the green light appeared on her 3DS. Her eyes widen, as she looked around waiting for someone to appear, hearing no rustling of leaves or even the sounds of a twig snapping. Sighing, she looked back down to her game, watching the Eevee before killing it and continuing her chain. “I guess they don’t really want to meet me. Le mew” She said to herself, as she found the next Eevee to kill.

Since she wasn’t on the screen of the ORAS that shows the people who are close in her area she that are available to battle. Sighing once again, closing her 3DS for a moment, her turn her eyes to the sky. Blinking a few times wondering if she was seeing things because there was a person in the tree. “This only happens in anime.” She mumbled to herself, as she rub her eyes wanting to make sure that this was really happening.

Finding that her eyesight was right, she smiled waving at the person not even sure if it was her mystery kitty. “Meow. Come down and let’s play.” Smiling more, just happy to have someone to play games with even if it was just for a few moments before her kitty friend showed up.
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Aug 20 2015, 10:10 PM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

…Oh, that was fast. He hadn’t really figured she would see him, at least not this fast. He’d figured he’d have more time. He, uh. He hadn’t actually prepared for this whole “conversation” thing. Like, he’d have to actually open his mouth and actually talk to another human being.

And now she was actually greeting him and inviting him down. He must have looked like a deer in headlights. He felt like a deer in headlights.

“Uh, how about I just play from up here… nya.”
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Aug 21 2015, 10:56 AM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

Nelanie couldn’t help the smile that came to face. “Nope you have to come down and play.” Her voice darken for a moment as her smile turn into a smirk. It’s been a long time since she had a true Pokemon battle with someone who wasn’t an NPC and she was not going to pass that up. “After all I have to see your face when you lose-nya.”

She didn’t care if she made him upset that she called him out on a challenge. After all in true Pokemon style one doesn’t meet another trainer's eye and not battle them. Deciding to put her team together, she put away her Eeveelution team and decided to pull out her real team stopper.

“Prepare to lose Kitty-sama.”
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Aug 28 2015, 06:04 PM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

Well, first she told him to get out of his comfortable seat and then she told him he was going to lose. Of course he’d had to get serious. He’d even been tempted to bring out the old baton passers – but no, that wouldn’t be a real battle.

It took him an embarrassingly long time to get out of the tree, mainly because he didn’t want to damage his electronics. But eventually he made it, and he sat in front of her in his slightly-rumpled clothes and his big-rimmed glasses, and he opened his old Pikachu 3DS XL with a slightly uncomfortable expression on his face that almost certainly made him look like an easy target.

Once he actually got into the battle, though, his rather dorky-looking demeanour gave way to a more even expression. He wasn’t big on cheering his criticals or bemoaning his misses, so he was almost certainly the quieter of the two, his lips only twitching when things swung in or out of his favour. It was only when little NekoHime’s last Pokémon fainted that he smiled at all. And he still had two Pokémon left, too – it was a decisive victory, helped along by a lucky hit or two. “There it is. Good game, Princess.”

After a moment of hesitation he held his hand out to her. “The handle’s Strawberry Meowsicle... nya. It's, uh, good to see you in person.”
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Sep 9 2015, 10:11 PM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

Once the battle got started she didn’t look up from her DS for even a single second, her mind fully focuses on the battle. Each move that he countered and the few lucky hits that he got in made her wished that she had her Pokemon holding different items. The only sounds that came from her were mews and nyas as she did her best to swing the tide of the battle when she realized that he still had two Pokemon left with her one.

Seeing her finally Pokemon faint she finally looked up from her DS, a smile on her face. “Good Game Kitty-Sama. We have to battle again sometime.” She took his hand shaking it. “It is also nice to meet you in person. I believed I saw you on some forums before all this happened?” she said as she remember his name from before. If she remembered right he was on some of the gaming forums she never checked to see if he was found on anime forums since anime fan fights can get pretty passionate and people losing friends because of it.
PM
^
Winston Burkholz
 Posted: Sep 10 2015, 05:52 PM

Written by Zucchi
what day is it
-5 GMT

…Ah. She lost elegantly – Winston liked that. He wasn’t the biggest fan even of voice chat, so if she blew up in front of him he might have bailed right there and then.

Instead, his eyes flickered to her hand. He washed his hands, even after everything was cut. With rainwater. Because he didn’t want to damage his electronics. In any case, it hopefully meant that his hands weren’t too gross. She wasn’t pulling away, so it was probably fine? It was probably fine.

Actually, it was Winston who ended up pulling away, though he tried not to make it too awkward. She saw him before? Oh, that was probably… “I do walkthroughs. And discussions. Sometimes videos.” Not voiced, though. “Um, you might have seen me on smogon. I do a lot of discussion about new moves and such.” Or he did, anyways.

He paused. “Princess is good? I can call you that?”
PM
^
Nelanie Sewel
 Posted: Sep 12 2015, 11:59 AM

Written by Neko
Chibi Hime
-7 GMT

Smiling at him as they let go hands, compared to most people he been the most fun person to talk to, plus he brought her back to her life before this one. “I know, I like those mostly on breeding and how to get a Pokemon hatched with a move it doesn’t learn naturally.” She was a proud Pokemon breeder before everything she used to breed Pokemon for friends getting them the right stats but now she mostly breed Pokemon to give her something to do.

“Yep you call me Princess or Hime, but only if I can call you Ichigo-chan.” She smiled brightly, happy to have a new friend. “So what is your favorite anime Ichigo-chan. I might have a copy of it on my hard drive and we can have an anime night and watch one season.” Saving her new data on her game, she closed her 3DS wanting save the battery life on it. Her mind swirling with the thoughts of an anime movie night, to have pocky and and watching anime.

Remember the pocky that she had packed, she opened her bag putting her 3DS in it and took out the box of chocolate pocky. “Pocky?” She offered him some after she took a stick for herself.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Mirror, Mirror Mooseeh Fondant Buttons endlessflight Echos