Apocalypse please, Northbound 225, Nevada | Open/Eric
Amy Porter
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 02:59 AM

Written by Lizja
N/A
Member Inventory: View
Awards:

Is it always going to be so... bleak?

This was their life now. How long had they been driving, anyway? Amy couldn't honestly remember. The days and nights had a way of blending together now that they really had nowhere specific to be. She'd always taken great pride in being on top of these things. Nowadays, though, she counted it as a win if they were able to make it through the night.

Eric's car was nice, and it was a comfortable ride, but she couldn't help feeling slightly pessimistic about the whole thing. Sooner or later, something was going to happen. This wasn't some random need for more adventure or whatever, but she was trying to be a realist. She'd seen her fair share of these survival horror type movies. Something always happened. That was just the way things worked.

For the most part, she let him drive. It was his car, so it seemed the natural thing to do. Their days were spent on the road, and their nights were spent planning and preparing for the next day. It was all beginning to blur into one big cycle of monotony, and Amy wasn't sure how much more she could take it. She knew he had to be feeling it, too.

Something's gotta give.

She had yet to bring it up. For some reason, she got the feeling that bringing it up just now might not be the best idea. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until they'd stopped for the night. Yea, that seemed like a good idea.

That didn't leave a lot of things to talk about, though. Fortunately, they'd never been one of those couples that felt the need to fill every little silence. They'd been together long enough to just know when something was off. No amount of talking would beat that.

They still had the option of trying the radio, but the odds of actually getting a working station were pretty slim, as far as she'd seen. If nothing else, she still had her phone. Wifi was a thing of the past now, but she'd loaded it with music, so there was that if they got desperate for music. Personally, she was hoping that they never got that bored.

For now, she was content to lean back in her seat and listen to the familiar sound of Eric griping about the road, the smooth sound of the engine. If she wasn't careful, she was going to nod off again, and she really didn't want that.

It was too late to nap.
PM
^
Eric Porter
 Posted: Sep 20 2015, 10:02 PM

Written by Flex
Coming soon...
-6 GMT
Awards: N/A

“You know, we could've been driving a hover car in another twenty years or so. Everyone would've had one. We wouldn't have to deal with flat tires, and all of the other goddamn problems of driving like this,” Eric complained. “Flying cars that don't need to roll over this shitty road. That would have been perfect.”

Rather than address his more serious concerns, he found other things to ramble on about. Driving a normal, present-day car wasn't what was really bothering him.

He held Amy's hand over his lap, trying to relax while one hand controlled the steering wheel. Driving away from what used to be their home should have calmed him, if only because they were headed to a much better place. Frustrated, his knee shook from side to side. He then lifted her hand to his cheek; her smooth skin grazing his stubble before he held it in place. Her comforting touch kept him calm.

I need to shut it before she snaps at me. She's just as stressed out as I am.

He sighed and kissed her hand before resting it on his lap again. Complaining wouldn't get them anywhere, but he had a lot on his mind.

"I'm sorry, babe. No more whining from me," he told her with a halfhearted smirk. "Talk to me. I'll shut up and listen."

What's done is done. Amy is all that matters. Hover cars won't have a chance to be invented, anyway.
PMEmail
^
Amy Porter
 Posted: Sep 21 2015, 02:41 PM

Written by Lizja
N/A
Awards:

"I want a hover car," she told him. Alright, so that wasn't the most productive thing she could have said in that moment, but still. A hover car just sounded cool. He was right, of course. Hover cars wouldn't have any of the problems that boring old regular cars seemed to enjoy. "I dunno, though. This one's pretty sexy," Amy remarked. She was obviously trying to distract him now. Would it work?

Really, though, when she'd tried to envision their future together when she was younger, it hadn't been like this. At all. She'd always assumed they would stick around Spring Creek for a while, at least until they'd finished school and figured out what they were going to do with themselves. It was where their families were, and she hadn't been in much of a hurry to leave them all behind.

And then the world went to hell.

They were supposed to have a lot of things that hadn't made an appearance. And now they probably never would. "Hoverboards would have been cool, too," she added, raising a brow as she glanced over at him. How many times had they seen the Back To the Future movies, anyway? She'd honestly lost count. Then again, some of the things they'd predicted had come true. Sort of. It was funny, and it was a lot better to think about than the current state of the world.

Despite the dullness of the situation, she couldn't help but smile as he held her hand. It might have seemed like the smallest thing in the world to some people, but just knowing he was there was enough to make almost anything better.

He's so tense. Poor guy.

"Need a distraction, baby?" she questioned innocently. Amy hadn't quite decided what she was going to do just yet, but she felt like she had to do something. Said distraction might have been easier if this car had had a bench seat in the front, but she wasn't going to be deterred that easily.

A quick glance at the road told her it was pretty clear for a while, aside from the occasional abandoned car. She gave his hand a light squeeze before tugging her hand away, slipping her seat belt off, and scooting to the edge of her seat.

Fortunately, she didn't have to lean over too far, and she even managed to avoid banging her knees on the center console. Definitely a win.

Her hands slid up to his shoulders, squeezing gently as she leaned in to press a kiss just below his ear. "What should we talk about?" she breathed, watching him closely.
PM
^
Eric Porter
 Posted: Sep 23 2015, 02:30 PM

Written by Flex
Coming soon...
-6 GMT

We can make a conversation out of anything. We can travel cross-country with this car, on this road, and she won't do all of the complaining that I do, and I love her for that, he thought as he listened to her. Hell yeah, hoverboards would be cool. When we need to head for the hills and can't reach our car, off we go on our hoverboards.

"Do I need a distraction? Yes. Yes, I do," Eric answered honestly. He kept his eyes trained on the road, driving around the abandoned vehicles that once held survivors just like he and Amy.

From the corner of his eye, he caught her movement.

I don't deserve this woman.

Driving on the clearest side of the road, he took a moment to watch her get as comfortable as the small space within the car would allow. Her long hair briefly kept her face hidden, but he imagined that she was grinning. She started to lean over, and his troubles melted away. "I don't know what you have in mi---" he began. There was no way he could even attempt to play dumb.

To make room for her, his right hand released the steering wheel, and his left hand grabbed the bottom of it. He slid his right around her flat belly, and over her lower back as she closed the small gap between them. Up and down his hand moved, sensually caressing her back as he quickly kissed her neck while it was in reach of his lips. His tense shoulders relaxed against her hands.

Her lips brushed against his ear at the same he kissed the corner of her cheek.

"Let's talk about what we'll do as soon as we find a room," he whispered. "Mmm... Let's talk about finally having peace of mind and enjoying our time with each other like we're supposed to be doing instead of fleeing from a shit storm."

He mentally slapped himself in the forehead.

Idiot. Moment ruined?
PMEmail
^
Amy Porter
 Posted: Sep 24 2015, 07:05 PM

Written by Lizja
N/A
Awards:

So focused...

It was something she had to admire, really. When her husband put his mind to something, he generally became singularly focused on whatever that thing was.

Let's see what we can do about that.

She knew it was probably a bad idea to distract him while he was driving, but this drive was just becoming tedious and it was starting to get to her. Besides, he was an excellent driver, and she trusted him with her life.

Amy couldn't keep the grin from her face when he admitted to needing a distraction. As if he was going to turn it down either way. She'd been trying not to smile before, but when he spoke up she found herself grinning. She was pretty sure he knew where she was going with this. Maybe. And if not, well, that would just make it more fun.

"Don't forget to watch the road, baby," she teased. Though she knew without a doubt that he'd be having trouble doing so in a few moments. Something she could always count on was him rising to the occasion, so to speak. Her grin widened slightly as his hand found its way to her back, and she arched into his touch. This was what she'd been counting on, honestly.

Turning her head just so, she leaned in again and nipped gently at his earlobe as her hands worked on his shoulders. "Let's talk about what I'm gonna do with my mouth when we finally find that room," she suggested. As far as diversionary tactics went, she was fairly confident in this particular one. Not that she exaggerating even a little bit. She definitely had plans for him when they did finally stop.

Deciding to take things a bit further, she carefully took his earlobe into her mouth and tugged lightly with her teeth. For the time being, she chose not to continue her previous thought. It would be more fun to let his mind run with it for now, anyway. He was pretty good at picking up on what she meant. It was part of why she loved him so much.
PM
^
Eric Porter
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 05:06 AM

Written by Flex
Coming soon...
-6 GMT

"Mmmhm," was all he could say.

Finding fellow survivors on the road was unlikely, as was the possibility of driving into any danger as far as Eric knew, so pulling over had crossed his mind. His eyes darted from side to side, scanning the road for the best place to stop. Trucks, cars, and motorcycles were scattered everywhere, but what he saw sprayed on the side of an ambulance made him slow the car down.

His car slowed to a crawl as his hand absentmindedly caressed Amy's back. He turned his head just enough to see "HELP" spray painted on the opened backdoor of the ambulance. A quick look revealed that the ambulance was empty, so there was no reason to stop and investigate. So far, they were the only ones alive on that road.

We're facing the end of the world, and what do we do? We get all worked up and...

The thought was almost enough to cause him to shrug Amy off. Almost.

You know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't care about these people. She's all that matters.

Slowly increasing the car's speed, his foot grew heavy on the pedal. If he wasn't careful, he would crash into a stationary vehicle. It wasn't worth hurting Amy, and inciting her wrath. His foot let up, and he went back to driving like a sane person. Still, he couldn't help but wonder what happened to whoever it was in the ambulance.

That won't be us. That can't--- Oh...

Her mouth on his ear had brought him back to the moment that he was letting go to waste.

I'm sorry, Amy. You're so good to me, and here I am ruining things.

Eric was physically relaxed, though as excited as Amy wanted him to be. Mentally, it took some effort to give her the attention she deserved. To aid his efforts, his free hand found her ass. He looked down the road, making sure that he could continue to drive straight without looking, long enough to give her some well deserved attention.

He turned his head and leaned in to kiss under her jaw, grazing her jawline as he made his way to her neck. He sucked at her neck like a teenager, as if he needed to leave his mark on her. As if some guy was going to show up and compete with him. As if she would go away for a while, and he had to give her something to take with her, reminding her that she was his.

What am I doing?

He couldn't stop. He gripped her ass tighter, pulling her closer and then caressing her lower back once again. His lips moved to her shoulder, and as he tried to move lower, the car hit a bump in the road.

"Umph!" Eric pulled away from Amy, wide eyed and focusing on the road. After a moment, he calmed down and relaxed again.

"Whoops. Could have been worse, right?" he said with a shrug.

Don't stop doing what you're doing. It's helping me, I promise.

He winked at her and idly grabbed her ass again as he focused on the road. "Now, where were we?"

PMEmail
^
Amy Porter
 Posted: Dec 4 2015, 01:46 AM

Written by Lizja
N/A
Awards:

He didn't seem all that talkative just now.

This was good.

Absently, she noticed when he slowed down a bit. It was probably a good thing, considering the state of the world. Running into some random parked car or truck wasn't high on her list of things she wanted to do today, after all. The odds of that actually happening were pretty slim, though.

She could probably guess what was on his mind, though if things went the way she was hoping that wouldn't be necessary.

It probably said something about them that they were doing this when the world had gone to shit. But honestly, she couldn't have cared less. If this was it, Amy couldn't really think of any other way she would want to go out.

At first, she was almost worried that he didn't seem as into it as she was. Fortunately, that doubt was short-lived. Soon enough, he decided to play along.

She thought he might kiss her. Instead, he trailed kisses along her throat, and she grinned. Amy hummed softly and leaned into his mouth as he left his mark on her sensitive flesh. It wasn't as though anyone would see it, but it still made her smile to herself. It was probably the most normal thing that had happened to her in quite a while.

His mouth on her neck and his hand on her ass were having the desired effect. Amy groaned and wiggled a little in her seat, before sliding her hands up to caress his neck. He started to move lower, and then the car jolted.

In the next moment, he'd pulled away like someone had slapped him. Blinking, she looked around for a moment before finally realizing what had happened. When she turned back to her husband, he looked like a scolded puppy.

When he grabbed her ass again, she snickered and leaned in once again to kiss the side of his neck, just below his ear.

"You were just going to find a spot to pull over," Amy told him matter-of-factly. That wasn't exactly the truth, but that was beside the point.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
Mirror, Mirror Mooseeh Fondant Buttons endlessflight Echos